FIST GRIP G-429
Crosby’s Fist Grip wire rope clips are galvanized to resist corrosive and rusting action. Bolts are an integral part of the saddle. Nuts can be installed in such a way as to enable the operator to swing the wrench in a full arc for fast installation. Clips meet/exceed all requirements of ASME B30.26 and are assembled with standard heavy hex nuts.
The Crosby Fist Grip Clip G-429 consists of a two-part saddle which comes together when the nuts are tightened. Two or more Fist Grip Clips are often required for each eye or loop.
Product Features Include:
- Entire Fist Grip Clip is Galvanized to resist corrosive and rusting action.
- Based on the catalog breaking strength of wire rope, Crosby wire rope clips have an efficiency rating of 80% for 3/16” – 7/8” sizes, and 90% for sizes 1” through 1-1/2”.
- Bolts are an integral part of the saddle. Nuts can be installed in such a way as to enable the operator to swing the wrench in a full arc for fast installation.
- All sizes have forged steel saddles.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26
- Assembled with standard heavy hex nuts.
- Meets Federal Specification FF-C-450 Type III, Class 1
Installation Guidelines for Wire Rope Fist Grip:
When using wire rope fist grip, it’s essential to follow proper installation procedures to ensure a safe and secure connection:
1. Select the Right Size: Choose the correct size of wire rope grip based on the diameter of the wire rope you’re using. The manufacturer’s guidelines or industry standards can help determine the appropriate size.
2. Proper Spacing: Place the wire rope grip a certain distance from the end of the wire rope to maintain the strength of the connection. The manufacturer’s guidelines should specify the recommended spacing.
3. Number of Grips: The number of wire rope grips required depends on the application and load. Generally, a minimum of three grips is recommended for secure connections.
4. Orientation: Position the segments so that the U-bolt or bolt goes around the live (unloaded) end of the wire rope. The saddle of the U-bolt should be against the dead (loaded) end.
5. Tightening: Tighten the nuts evenly and progressively on both sides to ensure uniform pressure across the segments. Over-tightening can damage the wire rope, so follow the manufacturer’s torque specifications.
6. Inspection: Regularly inspect wire rope grip connections for signs of wear, corrosion, or any issues that could compromise the safety and reliability of the connection.
7. Professional Advice: If you’re not experienced with using wire rope grips, it’s a good idea to seek guidance from professionals who are familiar with rigging and cable connections.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines when installing wire rope fist grip ensure a proper and secure connection. Incorrect installation or the use of the wrong number of clips for a given wire rope diameter can compromise the strength and safety of the connection.
Professional Wire Rope Fist Grip Manufacturer in China
Kailipu is one of the most professional wire rope clips supplier and manufacturer in China. We manufacture and export wire rope clips of various type and materials. Such as DIN 741, DIN 1142, US malleable, drop forged galvanized and stainless steel,etc. For any more help, e-mail our specialists at [email protected] for assistance.