IPS and EIPS in Wire Rope
IPS (Improved Plowed Steel) and EIPS (Extra Improved Plowed Steel) refer to different classifications or grades of wire rope. These classifications are related to the manufacturing process and characteristics of the steel wires used in the construction of the wire rope.
IPS (Improved Plowed Steel):
- IPS wire ropes are made from steel that undergoes a plowing process, similar to EIPS, but they may have lower tensile strength compared to EIPS ropes.
- While they are still strong and suitable for various applications, IPS ropes are generally not as strong as EIPS ropes.
- IPS wire ropes are used in a variety of lifting and rigging applications where their strength is sufficient for the task.
EIPS (Extra Improved Plowed Steel):
- EIPS wire ropes are made from higher-strength steel compared to IPS ropes.
- The term “plowed” refers to the manufacturing process where the wire is plowed before it is formed into strands, resulting in improved strength characteristics.
- EIPS wire ropes are known for their higher breaking strength and improved fatigue resistance.
- They are often used in applications where higher strength and durability are required, such as in heavy lifting, mining, and construction.
When specifying or selecting wire ropes for a particular application, it’s crucial to consider factors such as the load to be lifted, the working conditions, and the required strength and durability. The choice between EIPS and IPS wire ropes will depend on the specific requirements of the application.
Reliable Wire Rope Supplier in China
Kailipu is a leading supplier and exporter of lifting and rigging equipment in China. We offer a complete range of high-quality wire ropes for rigging and lifting work. If you’re looking for a great wire rope supplier, let Kailipu be your first choice. Browse our website or contact our team at [email protected], Kailipu will work with you to make better rigging and lifting products.